Bone broth, the new trendy wellness drink everyone is sipping on, is no passing fad. Traditionally this broth is made by simmering bones, ligaments and joints from cattle or chicken for long periods of time with spices and apple cider vinegar.
Not only is bone broth great for sipping in a mug, but it’s also fantastic for using in soups and stews or anywhere else you would use a chicken or vegetable broth.
This fall try Roasted Garlic and Sweet Potato Soup with Bone Broth using NIKU Farms’ Bone Broth. It’s easy, delicious, great for your immune system, and perfect to make in large quantities for the fall and winter season. Check out the Fall Beef Pack which includes 2 packages of Bone Broth.
A quick and easy soup to make using a few pantry ingredients along with Heritage Cattle Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth. Incredibly nourishing and anti-inflammatory!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. Cut the top off the head of the garlic and place on a parchment lined baking sheet along with the carrots, onion
3. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork. Place on the same baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, warm broth in a pot along with fresh thyme.
5. Once the vegetables have roasted add the carrots, celery
6. If your sweet potatoes are large, put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
7. When the sweet potatoes have cooked (fork tender all the way through) remove them from the oven, slice them open and add the flesh to the blender.
8. Add the broth with the thyme, salt
9. Turn the oven down to 300 F.
10. Mix your spiced cashews with all of the spices, olive oil
11. Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, mixing 3-4 times so they don’t burn. Let them cool slightly and toss with more salt if desired (about 2 large pinches)
12. To serve top with spiced nuts, cooked finely chopped bacon, hot sauce
NOTES: *Roast the whole head of garlic and then add only as much as desired to your soup. Any leftover can be saved to use in pasta sauces, mayonnaise or dressing.
Check out the Fall Beef Pack which includes 2 packages of Bone Broth.
Subscribe to our mailing list for 10% off your first order.